Saturday, March 31, 2012

F words and Egg whites


Today my heart is full.


Have you ever experienced the feeling of joy so fiercely that while peaceful, it's almost overwhelming enough to make you cry? I am filled to the brim with thankfulness for the opportunities that have knocked on my door this week. So grateful for friends, new and old, that bring a smile to my face. Proud to be who I am in this moment regardless of my shortcomings.

In the knowledge that it is possible to feel this euphoric, why in the past had I spent so much time allowing negative "F" words to shape my feelings? Failure, frustration and fear outlined who I was and in turn effected my decisions. Negativity was a plague taking over my life. Ever experienced this in regards to yourself?

  • You feel like a failure because you're not where you thought you would be in life by now.
  • You're frustrated because you've achieved or posses everything in life that society defines as successful and yet you are empty. 
  • Fear is breeding negativity and has left you powerless in your own flesh.

Good news: There is a cure. 

All it takes is a shift in your mindset. Take steps towards a happier, healthier you in spite of 
     fill in the blank      . What is stopping you?

Its time to take back the wheel of your life. Failure, frustration and fear are no longer an option.

Find new words/feelings to define how you're going to treat yourself every single day.

  • Focus on what you desire and deliberately practice living your life with an intensity that breeds success and joy.
  • Take hold of your future and trust yourself. Be who you dream about being without second guesses.
  • Experience fulfillment through gratitude, kindness and loving others unconditionally.
A fire is growing inside you. Fan the flame... Don't let negativity smother it.



I'm sure you're wondering where the egg whites come in. Well get excited! GnS's very first recipe is about to blow you away. 

EGG WHITE OATMEAL!

A healthy start to your day includes breakfast. Try this recipe and let me know what you think!

What you need:
  • Steel ground oats
  • Water
  • Chia Seeds Click here - Check out this super-foods awesome health benefits.)
  • Egg Whites (I buy AllWhites in the carton because they are pasteurized and I don't have to sacrifice the yolk to the drain gods.)
  • Sugar free coffee sweetener (I like to use french vanilla or hazelnut.)
  • Cinnamon
  • Berries
Start by cooking your oatmeal according to the packages instructions. When almost all of the water has been absorbed, pour the egg whites into the oats while stirring rapidly. You'll want to almost whip them in so you get a fluffy consistency. While those continue to cook to your tastes, add a serving of chia seeds, cinnamon and whatever flavor of sugar free sweetener that sounds good. 

Mix up - add some berries and you've got a protein rich, tasty breakfast!

Yummmmmmm.....




1 comment: