Thursday, November 15, 2012

Your thoughts are in the drivers seat. Do you know where you are?

Where are you?

If you answered that question you could answer referring to your physical location as well as your mental state. What I'm interested in knowing is where are you in your life? Are you living out your life in the past? Are you absolutely focused on your future? Or are you here, in your life experiencing its richness, here and now?


Stop whatever you're doing and contemplate your current actions. 

Whatever you're doing is a representation of where your goals and priorities lie. (This goes for every moment of your life, whether you like it or not.)

Are you in the gym? Are you contemplating calling your parents? Are you reading in your field of work or study? Are you taking a nap? Are you on the ultimate distraction -- Facebook?

Whatever your current actions, its not that what you're doing is either right or wrong. Your actions are just an inclination into where your thoughts are. Taking the time to become present to your actions is just an opportunity to become curious about why you chose to take that action in the first place. Every action is a choice, even INaction is a choice. 

Now check in with yourself emotionally. Are you happy? Sad? Irritated? Bored? All of those are also a choice. I'm not saying that your feelings are bad or good.... Just another clue into where your goals (thoughts) are.

Now you're going to say to me, "Lauren - No way this is true! I don't WANT to feel frustrated and annoyed. I'm tired because I'm tired... Thats IT." What I have to say to you is, nothing happens accidentally. If you're unhappy with where you are in physical action or emotionally, something is driving you towards that (and vice versa). Perhaps its to prove to yourself that you are lazy and not good enough. Maybe its to prove that you are strong and capable. I don't know - You tell me. All I know is that when I am being true to myself and in the present moment, I know who I am and I love myself. And that is where your life really happens. When you can love yourself wherever you are and still impact the surrounding world in a positive light - You're in your life and your LIVING it.

Every moment you're alive IS your life. Not the past and not the future... So if you find yourself where you are and decide if its where you want to be.

Before you go anywhere else copy this travel-ready recipe down!

If you are in the mood for a travel-ready meal in your on-the-go life, try this healthy and easy chicken or tuna salad.

What you'll need:

2 boiled chicken breasts OR 2 cans of tuna in water
1/2 c sliced red grapes
1/4 c sliced pecans
2 tbsp finely diced red onion
2 tbsp non-fat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp hummus
salt free seasoning of choice for added flavor (I like to add a few dashes of tobacco or cayenne to spice things up.)

Add it all into a bowl! (If you're using chicken, shred it completely before the remaining ingredients.) Stir together and throw either in an Ezekiel Wrap or Tupperware and pack with some of your favorite whole grain chips.




Get Inspired Wellness :) Lauren Rae


No comments:

Post a Comment